The below policies are general guidelines that we follow in all of our petsitting and dog walking services. If you have any further questions about them (or anything else) please feel free to contact us.
Pet Sitting and Visit Policies
- Feathers and Fur Pet Care services its clients with the utmost care, respect, and professionalism in a reliable and trustworthy manner. At no time are substitute pet sitters (not employed by us), nor non-pet sitters ever allowed in a client home, unless in cases of emergency, and ONLY with client’s express permission.
- When clients are away from the home, all pets must have at least ONE visit per 24 hours. This is required by law, and there are absolutely no exceptions to this policy.
- Feathers and Fur sitters will update the client, at minimum, on a daily basis through text, phone call, or email as requested by the client.
- Feathers and Fur accepts ALL breeds, regardless of reputation. We do not, however, accept aggressive animals. If we have concerns about your animal’s aggression, we will address this at your consultation, or as soon as the aggressive behavior is evident.
- All pets must have a veterinarian and must be up to date on vaccinations as required by the local government. Pets must be equipped with proper identification tag, rabies tag, and license (if required).
- Clients are responsible for providing a collar and leash for dog walks. No dog will be walked, or taken into an un-fenced outside area, without a leash. We are a force-free service and as such, we DO NOT use pinch collars, choke collars, slip leads, or similar equipment. If you do not provide, or we do not have, sufficient substitute equipment available with us at the time of the visit, we will not be able to walk the dog.
Additional Pet Sitting Policies
- All pet waste will be cleaned immediately onsite, and disposed of in client approved receptacles. Sitters carry waste bags on walks, and will remove waste from any and all private and public property. Litter boxes are cleaned at every visit. No waste will be transported from the client home by the sitter.
- Feathers and Fur will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the safety and security of client pets. If there are security concerns at the home, we will contact the client immediately. Feathers and Fur will not be held responsible for injury or accidental death that results in an animal escape from a yard or a home due to faulty construction, insufficiently secured exits, or other client negligence.
- Feathers and Fur reserves the right to transport animals to a veterinarian in cases of medical emergency. The veterinarian will be the closest available if the client’s preferred veterinarian is not available.
- Feathers and Fur requires each client to have a responsible party named to take care of their pets in extreme unforeseen circumstances, such as the death or serious illness of the client or sitter, or in the event of a natural disaster.
- Inclement Weather – Extreme weather can potentially shorten, cancel, or otherwise change scheduled visits at the discretion of Feathers and Fur. It is our priority to arrive to your home safely, and keep your animal safe during our visit. If tornadoes, ice storms, hurricanes, tropical storms, or other similar weather systems are present, our schedule will be based on driving conditions. Clients will be updated immediately regarding any changes in scheduling or cancellations. If lightning is present, walks will be shortened to potty time only.
- Daily visits for clients are billed post-service on the 1st and the 15th of the month. They are due within 10 days of the billing date. If payment is received after the 10 day grace period (after the 11th or 25th, respectively), a $20 late fee will be applied.
- All services for vacations require pre-payment. The invoice will be sent once the services are booked. Payment is due on, or before, the day services begin. If payment is received after services begin, there is a $20 late fee. If for any reason you have an early return and need to cancel a visit, you will receive credit for a future service.
- If an invoice goes more than 30 days past due for either vacation or daily services, an additional $15 late fee will be applied. Future services will require prepayment in full prior to scheduling.
- All visits should be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Visits scheduled after the 24 hour window may incur a late notice fee of $10. If you are a new client who has never scheduled visits before, the scheduling requirement is 72 hours in advance.
- $30 fee is assessed on all returned checks. All returned check fees are due immediately with the service charges, and can only be paid in cash or money order.
- Visits that are specifically requested by the client to be made prior to 7AM or after 10PM will be assessed a surcharge of $20.
- Surcharges apply to holidays and the weekends of major holidays. Please see our FAQ for more details.